HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
Protection on purchases
Extended warranty cover
Doubles the repair period offered by the original manufacturer’s warranty for up to 24 months on your purchases. Enjoy cover up to US$5 000 per 365 day period.
Full details on
Purchase protection cover
Provides insurance against theft or accidental damage of purchased items of up to USD20,000.
Full details on
Visa Luxury Hotel Collection
Unparalleled experience at over 900 prestigious boutiques to world famous hotels.
For offer, booking and full information visit: https://www.visacards.africa/exclusive-deals
Get attractive discount when you book on Agoda.com.
For booking and more information, visit: https://www.visacards.africa/exclusive-deals
Travel assistance in case of emergencies
Global Customer Assistance Services (GCAS)
Get personal support and essential services such as lost or stolen card, emergency card replacement and emergency cash disbursement.
Get support here
Medical and Travel Assistance Worldwide
Avail to assistance and advice including medical provider referral, medication delivery amongst others as well as support on legal matters.
Get support here
Lost card replacement
Get card replacement service in Mauritius and overseas. You are protected against any fraudulent charges if you exercise due care and report the loss of your card immediately to our contact centre.
Extra discounts and treats
Local Year Round Offers
A selection of exciting offers available in Mauritius.
home&Away privilege programme
An array of fabulous offers and benefits around the world.
Visa offers in Mauritius
View offers available in Mauritius.
Visa offers overseas
View offers available as you travel the world.
Share the privileges
Supplementary Credit Card
- Pay for your expenses in Mauritius and overseasFor your shopping, dining, travels, holiday bookings, course expenses amongst others. No need to carry cash as your HSBC Credit Card is widely accepted brand locally and abroad.
- Pay online
For your online shopping, subscriptions, fees and bookings.
Your electricity, water and telephone bills through the respective company mobile application and web portal.
- Shop and pay online with additional protectionMore security through one-time-passcode confirmation for payments on Visa Secure® enabled portals. Learn more
- Save time with contactless paymentTap and Pay when paying for small amounts for faster checkout. Contactless limit on HSBC cards is Rs.5,000. If the Point-of-Sale contactless limit is lower than Rs.5,000, you may be required to insert your PIN to proceed with the transaction.
- Get SMS notifications for credit card transactionsReceive notification on your registered mobile number for any local and overseas online transactions of Rs.500 and above. You will also get SMS notification for overseas purchases and cash advance transactions of Rs.5,000 and above in foreign currency. Learn more
- Manage your expenses
Track and analyse your expenses through your detailed monthly statements.
Your credit card balance settlement occurs at a fixed date every month and this makes managing your budget easier.
Choose between full or partial settlement (minimum of 5%)* of your credit card balance to suit your cash flow. If you choose full settlement, you will not incur any finance charge and hence benefit from up to 53 days free use of funds. (* Any amount not settled will incur finance charges as per prevailing rates.)
- Need some extra cash
Use available card credit limit for your planned and unplanned expenses such as a medical emergency. Or get cash advance** at any ATMs in Mauritius and worldwide. (**At prevailing fees and finance charges)
Maximum cash advance available at ATMs and branch counter is 40% of credit card limit.
- Receive your statements by email and on timeUpdate your email address with us to receive your statements delivered conveniently and directly to your inbox. Learn more
Eligibility criteria to apply for an HSBC Platinum Credit Card:
- Individuals aged between 18 to 65 years (for primary and supplementary applicants)
- Minimum income of Rs50,000 per month
- Resident of Mauritius
- Supplementary cards will be issued to immediate family members only
- Must satisfy the bank’s credit/lending criteria
For any application, we would need the following documents:
- National Identity Card or valid passport for non-nationals
- recent salary slips (3 months)
- proof of address (any recent utility bill)
Things you should know
Activate your credit card before using it for the first time:
- Call us on +230 403 0750 from 8.45 a.m. till 5.30 p.m. during weekdays
- Send us instruction through secured message on HSBC Personal Internet Banking
Credit Card Terms and Conditions on Retail Banking terms and conditions page
Credit Card Frequently Asked Questions, Security Tips and Travel Accident Insurance
Cover on Form and FAQs page
Terms and conditions apply.